The Boris Yeltsin Presidential Library (3, Senate Square), the Astoria Hotel (39, Bolshaya Morskaya Ulitsa) and Angleterre Hotel (24, Malaya Morskaya Ulitsa) hosted the main events of the 28th International Financial Congress.
The sites are located in the centre of St. Petersburg, next to St. Isaac’s Cathedral, a monument to Peter the Great (known as the Bronze Horseman), the Main Admiralty building and the Moika and Neva river embankments. Travel time from Pulkovo Airport is 40–60 minutes depending on traffic.
It takes 7 minutes (600 m) to walk and 3 minutes to travel by shuttle bus from the Presidential Library to Hotel Astoria and Angleterre Hotel.
The Boris Yeltsin Presidential Library opened on 27 May 2009 in the historical building of Synod. The architect Carlo Rossi built it in the second quarter of the 19th century. The Presidential Library holds a digital collection of documents on the history, theory and practice of the Russian statehood and the Russian language. The library also is a cultural, educational, scientific and informational-analytical centre. The library is equipped with electronic reading and exhibition halls, conference rooms, and a multifunctional multimedia complex.
Hotel Astoria opened in 1912 in a historic Art Nouveau building designed by the architect Fyodor Lidval. The newly opened hotel was considered the best in Russia and Europe, boasting the latest engineering solutions of the time. At different times, famous musicians, actors, ballet dancers, writers and other artists, heads of states and governments, public figures enjoyed their stay at the hotel. In 1941, when the Second World War broke out, the hotel housed a hospital for writers, artists and musicians who remained in the city during the siege.
Angleterre Hotel is located in an early 19th century building that was reconstructed in 1845–1846 by the architect Adrian Roben. The building was first used as a revenue house and was then repurposed as a hotel in 1876. The hotel has had several names throughout its long history. It was first called the Angleterre in 1911.
In 1987, the hotel was demolished and then completely reconstructed in 1991, though its old façade was preserved. Angleterre is situated in the heart of St. Petersburg, just a few minutes away from the city's major landmarks and is an excellent location for business meetings or leisure.